The workplace can be a fulfilling, enjoyable place that provides a sense of pride and accomplishment, but it can also create considerable stress. The demands of deadlines, production, sales and profit can cause a great deal of tension and pressure, and these issues overwhelm some people that they abuse amphetamines to cope. Amphetamines cause users to feel more awake and focused, allowing them to overcome the stress associated with work. However, people can become addicted to amphetamines, so they will need higher and more frequent doses to produce the same euphoric effects. Get help today to treat amphetamine addiction and its roots in work stress.
Healthy Coping Mechanisms
While taking amphetamines may seem like a viable option for dealing with stress, the danger of addiction is not worth the risk. Instead, utilize the following techniques to deal with stress:
- Getting a massage is a great way to relieve stress and the physical tension associated with it. Although getting a message from a professional therapist is the best option, you can also get a backrub from a friend or loved one.
- Engaging in vigorous exercise releases natural chemicals in the body that help you feel better. Plus, the movement of muscles in the body helps relax them and relieve tension-associated stress.
- Talking with someone about the causes of your stress can help reduce it. A qualified therapist can help you manage your stress better and can offer coping techniques for overcoming stress in a positive way.
- Meditation/yoga both help relax tensed muscles, lower blood pressure and create a less-stressful emotional state. You can look online for places and people who teach both.
- Change jobs. If your job stress becomes unmanageable, you may need to work in a less stressful setting. Your current career may not be the best one for you; even if you find a job that pays less, the lowered stress level may be worth the cut in pay.
- Talk to your supervisor. Some managers may be unaware of stressful situations they create or allow to continue. By talking with your supervisor, you can clear the air and create a less stressful environment.
The key to managing work-place stress is finding healthy ways to manage it. Avoiding and denying stress only increases your tension.
Help for Amphetamine Addiction and Work-Related Stress
If you are addicted to amphetamines as a result of work-related stress, we can help. Call our toll-free, 24 hour helpline anytime to talk with one of our admissions coordinators. These workers can help you determine the best treatment options for your situation, so you don’t have to live under the weight of stress and addiction any longer. Call us today to get the help you need.