When researching treatment options for amphetamine addiction, you may be overwhelmed by the many options available. While some of these treatment centers seem to offer every possible luxury and amenity, they likely come with a hefty price tag. In deciding which option is best for you or a loved one, try to remain focused on what is truly important for the addict, such as the quality and type of care he/she will receive while in treatment.
What Should I Look for in a Rehab?
Although each treatment facility or rehab program has the same goals for addicts, not every facility has the same programs and resources available to reach those goals. Included in the following are some things to consider when looking for rehab:
- Customized treatment plan – A customized treatment plan that addresses both the physical and mental health of an addict is one of the best options an addict can receive while in treatment.
- Availability of medical personnel – A treatment facility that employs medical personnel can help alleviate complications during detoxification and withdrawal and are also able to help manage pain during this stage.
- Variety of therapies – Each facility and/or program offers a variety of therapies so it is important to find a facility that offers therapeutic options that appeal to the individual addict and his or her particular situation.
- Program accreditation and licensing – Make sure the treatment program is accredited by the state it is in and that it is managed by licensed, well-trained mental health and addiction specialists.
- Effectiveness of program treatment methods – Treatment centers should have records on their success rates evaluated and collected by an outside agency.
- Type of aftercare services – Find out if the program offers referrals to other agencies or groups in a nearby community and if you would receive a discharge plan prior to completing the program.
Furthermore, it is possible to find treatment programs geared towards a certain addiction, such as amphetamine addiction, and this may be a beneficial option for some addicts.
Finding The Right Treatment for Your Addiction
Included in the following are some of the treatment options available at rehab facilities:
- Residential treatment
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP)
During residential treatment, an addict lives at the facility while receiving intensive treatment during the day. This form of treatment normally lasts 30-90 days, depending on the addict and his/her addiction. Although not a live-in treatment program, an intensive outpatient program requires a major commitment of meeting with addiction specialists at least three days a week for 2-4 hours at a time. The major focus of this program is relapse prevention. Counseling, either group, individual, or family, works best when combined with other types of treatment or as follow-up support. Therapy can help identify the causes of an addict’s use, help repair relationships, and teach the addict healthy coping skills, which do not involve drug use. All the above treatment options may vary in length depending on the addict and his/her addiction along with several other conditions such as health and mental status.
Amphetamine Addiction Treatment
If you or someone you know is addicted to amphetamines, please call our toll-free helpline today. Our highly trained counselors are available 24 hours a day to assist you by answering your addiction questions and helping you find the best treatment available. One call can save your life, so call us today!